Non profit Specialist forum - 12th Annual Conference
12th Annual Conference: Science, Language and Literacy 2008
An intensive one day event on Science and Language/Literacy (specifically KS1 & 2) with Rosemary Feasey
DATE: Friday 7th March 2008
TIME: 10:00-16:00 (Registration 10:00-10:30)
VENUE: Connaught Hall, University of London, 36-45 Tavistock Square, London, WC1. Tel: 0207 756 8400
General Organization of Conference
Introduction: Update on new initiatives and points of interest and research.
Main programme: The day’s programme will be dedicated to:
- Exploring progression in language
- Effective questioning
- Quality writing from Foundation to Year 6
- Concentrating on classroom experience and resources
Format: Presentation and Intensive Workshop (detailed schedule to be posted later on website)-All teacher participants are invited to contribute and share their ideas and resources. The working conference will be followed by a compilation of all arising ideas, strategies and materials. Participants are expected to prepare for the working day to make the best use of this opportunity.
Main Contributor/Tutor: Rosemary Feasey
- Leading expert in Primary Science, and Primary Science development and training
- Primary Professional Development Leader at Science Learning Centre, North East
- Former Chair of the Association for Science Education (ASE)
- Co-author of Star Science, the UK’s best selling primary science scheme and author of a range of publications on a variety of topics
Resources and materials will be exhibited throughout the day. Lunch, Tea and Coffee, hand-outs and follow up materials are all included.