Training conference for new comers and previous participants
14thANNUAL CONFERENCE: SCIENCE, LANGUAGE AND LITERACY
An intensive one day training on the literacy implications of APP for science(specifically KS1 & 2) with Rosemary Feasey
Friday 08th October 2010
Main conference 10.30 - 16.15 (Registration 10:00-10:30)
Canterbury Hall, 18 Cartwright Gardens, London, WC1H 9EE
What teachers said about this conference
"Good mix of providing info, discussion, sharing resources"
"Realistic and yet highly inspirational"
"Very good and enjoyable programme with lots of information"
"Brilliant practical ideas that will work in the classroom"
The literacy implications of APP for science
The conference is designed to support teachers in developing practical problem solving activities which are designed to be interesting and motivating for both pupils and teachers. This working conference aims to offer teachers a wide range of activities and approaches to support the development of APP across the primary years.
The conference will focus on:
- Updating your own experience in implementing the activities and tasks
- Sharing a range of activities which will give children access across APP AFs
- Introducing a range of scientists and related activities
- Identifying levels and evidence in activities
- Identifying real life applications of science
- Considering how to develop activities that work across 3 or more AFs
The sessions will be practical and underpinned by theory and principles, offering a range of strategies for Key Stages 1 and 2.
MAIN CONTRIBUTOR / TUTOR
Rosemary Feasey Leading expert in Primary Science and Primary Science development and training;Primary Professional Development Leader at Science Learning Centre, North East; Former Chair of the Primary Committee at the Association for Science Education(ASE); Co-author of Star Science, the UK’s best selling primary science scheme and author of a range of publications on a variety of topics.
- Update (policy/initiatives)
- Exhibition of materials and resources.